Most of the time, picking out your kitchen cabinets is one of the very first things that a homeowner will do. It is often an easy decision to make in itself, but the process of making such an important decision can be made even easier if you're fully prepared. The process of choosing kitchen cabinets is often a long and complex one. Here you will find some helpful information so that you can make your selection easier for yourself.
Wood Cabinet Styles
Kitchen wood cabinets are a staple of the interior design industry. However, it's not just the wood that makes a kitchen cabinet. It's also the style and material used to make it. Wood cabinets come in all sorts of varieties, and choosing the right kind is easy if you know what your options are.
The most common are:
- Contemporary: These styles can be found in any home or apartment. They are usually made with a natural finish, which gives them that contemporary look that many people love.
- Modern: This is the opposite of contemporary and is generally made from stainless steel or glass for a sleek, modern look.
- Traditional: Traditional cabinets are often made from solid wood or oak and have a more traditional feel to them. Many people like this style for their kitchens because they're easy to clean and maintain.
These are some of the things that you will want to consider when choosing the style for your kitchen cabinets.
Colors and Finishes
The right colors and finishes can also add to the style of your wood cabinets. The following tips can help you in choosing a fresh new look with the right colors and finishes:
- Color Pallet: You can choose from traditional colors such as cherry and maple or trendy colors like black, white, and gray. If you want something more unique, consider painting your cabinets with chalkboard paint or covering them with wallpaper.
- Complement Appliances and Finishes: If you have stainless steel appliances and light wood floors, opt for dark cabinets with stainless steel hardware accents. This will create contrast in your kitchen for an eye-catching effect.
- Woods That Add to the Style: If you love shabby chic or country living, choose rustic oak or pine cabinets to complement your personal style. If modern is more your speed, try sleek white cabinets paired with stainless steel appliances for a contemporary look that's sure to impress guests.
These are some things to help you choose the right colors and finishes for the new wood cabinets in your kitchen.
These are the main things that you'll want to keep in mind in order to choose the right wood kitchen cabinets for your kitchen. Contact a wood cabinet service to get started resetting the design in your kitchen.